Learn More about Plansur
Plansur is a local consultant for all of your Land Surveying needs.
Trusted, Local and Reliable, we provide property surveys, boundary identification, contour and feature surveys and council certification.
We service the greater South East Queensland region and are ready to support you with your development and construction endeavours.
Our services include:
- Cadastral Property Surveys
- Council Certifications
- Construction Surveys
- Boundary Identification
- And Contour Feature Plans
Get in contact with us today to get a free project quote.
Steve Holloway has worked in the industry for over 30 years, first in South Africa and then in Australia.
Based in Townsville for 15 years with Rowlands Surveys he spent time as a director for several years before moving to Brisbane to work for Statewide Survey Group. While at Statewide he worked on several projects; namely Soda apartments in South Brisbane and South City in Wooloongabba.
Recently he decided to change career path and start his own business – Plansur.
As a new player in the field, we at Plansur hope to make a good name for ourselves through good service at competitive rates.
Steve started out as a student while working for the Surveyor Generals Office in Pietermaritzburg South Africa and studying at Durban and Cape Technikons.
He qualified with a National Diploma in surveying and also did military service.
He switched to the construction industry in 1988 and worked there for 11 years until migrating to Australia.
He joined Rowlands Surveys in Townsville as a surveyor and slowly worked his way to becoming a director and shareholder. The many projects he has worked on are listed below, during this time he went back to university and graduated with a Bachelor of Spatial Science.
He then moved to the Redlands in 2015 to join Statewide Survey Group where he spent a very enjoyable 18 months before deciding to start Plansur.
Steve is registered with the Queensland Board of Surveyors with a Cadastral and Consulting Endorsement.
CV and Professional Experience
- 17 years experience in South Africa in Government, military and private sector roles,
- 17 years experience in Australia in consulting survey companies in engineering and cadastral fields.
- Registered Surveyor with Cadastral and Consulting Endorsement
- The Surveyors Board of Queensland – Registration No. 3749
- Bachelor of Spatial Science | University of Southern Queensland (2nd Class Honours)
- Diploma at Natal and Cape Technikons | South Africa
- Bachelor of Technology | University of Southern Queensland
- Member of Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute
- Town group convenor for 2years
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified)
- LCJ Engineers – Various developments & Engineering surveys
- Townsville City Council – Strand Redevelopment, Magnetic Island Pipeline, Alfred Street, Riverway, Fulham Road – Cadastral and Detail Surveys
- Osborne Mine – Construction Surveys of Tailings Dam and Airstrip and around Mine Site
- Department of Main Roads – Bohle to Black River, Bruce Highway, Queen Street, Ayr – Audit Survey, Townsville Ring Road Project (Bypass Bridge)
- Barclay Mowlem and Department of Main Roads – Georgina River Alliance, Bridge Construction – Camooweal.
- Austress Freyssinet Pty Ltd – Bulk Sugar Terminal – Townsville Harbour
- Private Clients – Various Engineering surveys – North Queensland
- Queensland Nickel Pty Ltd – QNI Refinery, Yabulu, YEP Joint Venture – Various Surveys on all areas at QNI as part of Extension Project.
- Enertrade – Townsville South Power Station
- Candetti – Woolworths Temperature Controlled Distribution Centre – Bohle
- Private Clients – Various Cadastral surveys – North Queensland
- Private Clients – Various level and detail surveys – North Queensland
- Project Services – Dairy Farmers Stadium extension, Kirwan Health Campus
- Ergon Energy – Various level and detail and cadastral surveys
- Townsville Airport – Various engineering surveys for redevelopment Austexx Developments – Redevelopment of Townsville CBD and Mall area
- Lancini Constructions – Domain Central & Fairfield Waters commercial developments
- Hyder Consulting – V8 Supercar Track – Audit surveys, Berth 8 Townsville Port – Construction surveys for design
- NF Corbett – Yabulu South Substation & Belgian Gardens Substation – Construction and Audit surveys
- Ivanhoe Australia – IVA 1060 Haul Road, Level & Detail Survey
- Barrick Gold – Osborne Mine Site TSF2 upgrade Construction Setout
- Croydon Mine Site. Level & Detail Survey and Photo Control
- Kidston Mine Site, Level & Detail Survey.
- GHD / Newmont – Mount Leyshon Mine Site, Level & Detail.
- Spaceframe – Amcor site extension – Engineering & Cadastral Surveys
- McNab – Townsville Bulletin Press Hall, Riverway Point Development, Condon
- Queesland Rail – Townsville South Rail Yard, Stuart to Partington Station
- CivilPlus Constructions – Various civil engineering surveys
- United Utilities Australia – Various survey of Townsville Water Reticulation
- Rapid Group – Stockland audit levels, Townsville Hospital extension
- Port of Townsville – Various level and detail surveys
- Ernest Henry Mine – Cadastral Surveys
- Department of communities – Aboriginal Trust lease surveys Wujal Wujal and Kubin
- SODA Apartments – South Brisbane
- Endeavour Boulevard Apartments- Northlakes
- South City Apartments – Woolloongabba
- Sage Hotel – Fortitude Valley
- Quality Assurance auditing of plans
- Various South African Clients
- N2 Freeway
- Mt Edgecombe Golf Course Development
- Hillside Smelter Project
- Dam site in Ceres (Cape Province)
- Southern Gateway Project in Durban
- Major Road (31km) Contract – Swaziland